Monday, July 13, 2009

My Thoughts on Iraq











Many of you have your own opinions on Iraq and they vary from one end of the spectrum to the other. Im not going to make this a political blog but I will say that I am glad we are finishing the job here. While I hate being away from my family the Iraqi people need the support to get on thier own feet. This place has improved tremendously and I hope it continues. As Marines we complain that thier is nothing to do here and that our services are needed elsewhere, Marines are not an occupying force, we like to get in, mess things up and get out, so these deployments of no combat are hard for Marines. My mission as a K9 Handler is to find bombs that may impede progress. These terrorist are crafty, but not as crafty as our pups. Joep is an awsome dog and I am glad to have him here with me, Duc would be proud. Here are some photos of my surroundings. While I cannot get into specifics on most things I hope you find comfort in seeing what I see and that this place is getting better.

3 comments:

  1. I have you in our prayers. Thanks for making a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark, we love you so much and are so very proud of our 'son' serving our country in Iraq! We are anxious to see Kristen and the kids this week and looking forward to October when you will be home again! Take care and know you are in my daily prayers! Mom Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you bro! You are my HERO!
    Take care! Loved Duc's memorial course! He would have too!

    Love Your big sis

    ReplyDelete